Last Week in Node.js Working Groups – June 19th
Last week we had a flurry of technical content – issues and PRs – from the various WGs and projects. I’m personally excited to see so much detail-oriented work going into these projects as they continue to grow and pick up even more steam.
📰 News from the Working Groups
- A discussion was kicked off in the N-API repo to begin adding a migration path for JSON APIs
- A docs update for Node.js ChakraCore adding contribution guidelines unique to the project was submitted
- A PR to Node.js ChakraCore adding in support for VS2013 was submitted and has undergone some review
- A PR with discussion around the possibility of testing readable-stream on IE 7 and 8 was submitted
- An issue with a seemingly serious performance regression for the HTTP/2 implementation was created, and then subsequently patched a few days later.
- An issue tracking the (relatively smooth) process of removing the Node.js 7.x release lines from nightly benchmarking was created and finalized. Bye bye, Node.js 7. 👋
📦 Project Releases
- Node.js ChakraCore